Monday, April 7, 2008

Vegetarian Chili


I have a favorite chili recipe that I like to make early on in the week and snack on until it's gone. This recipe was given to me by a coworker a few years ago and I love that I don't have to tweak it to make it gluten free! Of course I still have to read the labels carefully, but it's a pretty safe recipe that would be hard to contaminate.

VEGETARIAN CHILI

1 can kidney beans
1 can great northern beans
1 can black beans
1 large can stewed chopped tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. sugar
½ tsp. cumin
1 cup water

I don't use sugar in the recipe and I usually add more or less of something depending on how good it looks to me at the moment. Oh and I like lots of cumin...I usually use 3/4 tsp instead of 1/2 tsp.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

jenniferhoiyin said...

Missy! I didn't knwo you were a foodie!? That makes me happy. :)

I have foodie friends that are incredible gluten free gourmands. I think I'll try some of your recipes, even though I'm not celiac laden. But who knows, it may just be healthier!

<3